This policy describes the characteristics of cookies in use and the use that the Data Controller makes of them, in accordance with the Provision issued by the Data Protection Authority on 8 May 2014.
The information is provided only for the website www.finintsgr.com and not for other websites that may be consulted or however accessed by the user through links that may be present in this website.
A. What are cookies and how do they work
Cookies are small text files placed on the User’s devices by the websites visited. The information is usually saved in the folders of the browser where they are stored and then sent back to the same website on the User’s next visit.
Cookies enable the Company’s server to receive information that is reread and updated each time the user returns to the Company’s website.
Cookies contain at least the following information:
B. What are cookies for
- indication of the server from which they were generated (or domain);
- their duration (or expiry date);
- a unique identification code;
- a unique value.
Cookies make it easier to consult the website and improve navigation within the site. Cookies also provide the manager of the website with anonymous information on the navigation of users, also to obtain statistical data on site usage.
The information collected can also be used to build the profile of preferences expressed by the user during navigation, in order to customise commercial and promotional messages.
C. Types of cookies
Cookies can be divided into the following categories: Technical Cookies and Profiling Cookies.
C.1 Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are essential for the correct functioning of the website, however, the user may choose not to allow the use of these cookies by changing the browser settings, bearing in mind that disabling these cookies may prevent access to certain features of the site.
Technical cookies can be divided into:
These cookies are necessary to navigate within the site using all its features (e.g. maintaining the session and access to reserved areas) and do not collect information to be used for commercial purposes. Without these cookies it would not be possible to provide the requested services.
They allow the user to navigate based on a series of selected criteria (e.g. language of the site) and thus facilitate navigation. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
These can be equated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. They are used to optimise the management of the website itself. The information collected by these cookies does not allow identifying the user.
The installation of technical cookies does not require the prior consent of users, while the obligation to provide the policy still stands.
The acquisition and processing of data deriving from the use of technical cookies is mandatory for consultation of the site. In the event of opposition by the user, the complete and correct viewing of the site will not be possible.
C.2 Profiling Cookies
These cookies allow acquiring information on the user’s preferences, which are used to send advertising messages consistent with the choices and preferences made by the user during navigation. Profiling cookies cannot be installed on the devices of users, unless they have been properly informed and have given their consent beforehand.
D. What cookies does the Company use
E. How to disable and delete cookies
||Navigation / Session
||Analytics – Data tracking and website traffic analysis system provided by Google Universal Analytics
The settings of the user’s browser allow both deleting and preventing the installation of cookies on the electronic device used.
Below are the instructions given to users by the Company in order to prevent the installation of cookies for each of the main providers.
To restrict, block or delete cookies, simply adjust the settings on your browser.
The procedure may vary slightly depending on the type of browser used. For detailed instructions, please follow the guide of the browser:
E. 1 Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click the "Tools" button at the top of the browser window
2. Click “Internet Options” and select the "Privacy" tab;
3. To enable cookies, the Privacy level must be set on “Medium” or lower;
4. To enable the “third party cookie” option, select the “Advanced” button in the “Privacy” section, select the option “Override Automatic Cookie Handling”, confirm the “Accept” default option under “Third Party Cookies” and click OK to save. Alternatively, if you don’t want to enable third-party cookies, select “Block” under Third-Party cookies and click OK. If you want to be asked for approval every time a website attempts to send you third-party cookies, select the “Prompt” option and click OK.
1. Go to “Tools” in the menu bar of your browser and click on “Options”;
2. Click the “Privacy” Tab and under “History” check the “Accept Cookies from Sites” box to enable cookies or uncheck this option to disable them, including third-party cookies;
3. To allow the installation of third-party cookies, select “Accept Cookies from Sites” (refer to the step above) and then under the “Accept Third-Party Cookies” select the option “Always” or “From Sites Visited” that appears from a drop-down menu; instead, if you do not want to accept third-party cookies, from the same drop-down menu select the option “Never.”
E.3 Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome on your computer and at the top right, click “Settings.”
2. At the bottom of the page, click “Advanced”
3. Under the “Privacy” section, click “Content Settings.”
4. To enable or disable cookies:
a. To enable cookies, select “Allow sites to save cookie data (recommended).”
b. To disable cookies, select “Block sites from setting any data.”
5. To block third-party cookies, in the same Privacy Section, also select “Block third-party cookies”
6. Click "End" to save.
E.4 Safari (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
1. Click on the “Settings” icon, select “Safari”
2. Under “Privacy and Security” select “Block Cookies”
3. Select the “Block Always” option if you want to prevent the installation of cookies.
For more information on cookies, visit the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org
F. Permanently opting-out of profiling cookies
If you use Internet Explorer 9 or higher
1. Click on “Tools” in the top of the browser window
2. Select “Internet Options” and then click on the “Privacy” tab
3. Set the Privacy level to “High.”
If you use Firefox 5 or higher
1. Open the Options menu and select the Privacy tab
2. Select the option “Ask websites not to track me”
If you use Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome and go to the Settings menu
2. Click “Advanced” at the bottom of the page
3. Under Privacy, next to the Send a Request box, check “Do not keep track of my browsing activity.”
By browsing the site, cookies may be installed by other sites, accessible from the site but managed by other parties (third parties).
In this case, the owner of the site (the Company) acts only as a technical intermediary between the user and these sites.